Saturday, August 13, 2005

Breaking the silence - At last!

Hmm. That was a long break I took! Being busy is not the only reason I can think of. There are plenty of well justified reasons:) (sure, like slacking off?)

Anyways, been a busy month, this 15July-15Aug. Changing a job is not easy - especially, if you put in a few eons of hours @ one place. The last 7 years or so, I have been with Sun Microsystems. It was a fun ride while it lasted. The first 4 years were remarkably exciting, but the last 2-3 years became a drag.

Change is good. My new work haven is Rearden Commerce - nope, its not that tough to say it. Soon enough you will all hear about the company:) Seems like I have joined this company in the thick of things - lots of customer deployments simultaneously going on. Exciting times ahead. And I'm just getting started.

Other than work, my charity organization has been keeping me awake late @ nite - sometimes I wake up with nitemares about selling tickets. Its hilarious - I'm not a paranoid creature, but this one is really testing. Organizing an event under a non-profit umbrella is a challenge - even though people are motivated by a cause, the thought process could be so different between individuals. Its like pulling a ship in 4 different directions and trying to make it move forward! But, sure is a lot of fun! You learn to tune out the crap and breathe in the positives, just in any other everyday work!

More on the next post!

No comments: