Saturday, May 19, 2007

Apple TV & Airport Wireless Basestation

Wow! Very sweet piece of hardware.

Apple TV is the best investment I have made in home-theater. It took about 5 minutes to install, once I got hold of the right monstor cable for my TV. It connected with the Airport Base in a jiffy... And connected to my iTunes running on G4 in a second. I had all my music downloaded smoothly.

I'm yet to see another well packaged, well delivered, well designed hardware! Period. If u think iPod is cool, Apple TV converts ur plain old TV to a the Wifi dream home theater... I love it!

Now, I need multi-box support for my iTunes. That is, iTunes sync between different boxes on their own, so I use my laptop to buy a song and it syncs with my home computer, which syncs with my iPod and iTV. And why cant my iTV take a feed from my TV and record it? Why do I need a TiVO?

And my iPhone can sync addresses, appointments, emails, photos, songs... bye, bye iPod.

And why do I need to buy 2 separate devices? I'm talking about BaseStation and Apple TV. Rack it please... And ofcourse, add a few more things on top of this please. I should be able to hook up my video cam to Apple TV, playback my video on to this, edit the video and save it on to iTV. Which sends it back to my desktop, and I can cut my DVD. Not very far fetched, is that now?

Now, where is my Google free no-bandwidth-limits wireless?

No comments: