Thursday, July 07, 2005

Exciting Summer!

What's extreme excitement about spending a week off (forced vacation) from work at home base?

Huh? Not working could be a easy answer, but a wrong one! It would be boring to spend too many days off from work if not for all the things that I have been busy with the last few days.

How about this for a supposedly quite period? Coordinating an event for Upakriti. Running behind sponsors, artists, volunteers & patrons, all with their own quirkiness to boot - if you could call it fun - could be a lot of excitement. If there is one sure path towards a sales job, this would be it. Its a difficult job and I'm learning how hard it could be, while immensely enriching my life with this experience. Have a few more new friends down in the South Bay (SF Bay Area) and a lot more people look the other way at the thought of me:) I cant have a civilized conversation with anyone without delving on Upakriti or the event or the poor conversationist's wallet;) Despite all the fad about "working with a non-profit", the actual grind is much less sexier.

So, thats what is keeping me up. And if in the anxiety of executing some of these tasks, I spend time reading "The Egyptologist" or "Prague" up until late in the nite/early in the morning, who could blame me?;)

No comments: