Thursday, July 07, 2005

London 2012, it is!

London 2012

IOC is an amazing organization - completely democratic voting process from all the representative nations! I thought their election process should be televised live - there probably would have been a decent number of viewers as opposed to some of the Olympic sports;) Dont get me wrong - there are so many games that I cannot pretend to like them all!

Anyways, I would have really loved to see which member country voted for which location. Wouldnt that be something? Alright, I will say it outright - I think there is a significant amount of political wrangling (arm twisting) in selecting a host nation and I'm not sure whether I would have agreed with the choice of my country's representative! That brings up even more questions - Should normal Joes/Janes have a say in how your country's rep votes? Maybe there should be a Gallup poll or some such thing:)

Anyways, I would love to see an Olympics hosted in Africa - pick any country you like - or even better, pick a bunch of countries close to each other and make them all co-hosts? The 110 or so member nations pitch in and build the entire infrastructure for the games - thus providing locals training in infrastructure building and employing them(albeit temporarily). Also, all the proceeds should go to the host nations. Wouldnt that be something? UN, you listening?

London is a pretty neat city - I love it. I wouldnt mind travelling there to see the Olympics. B/w Paris would have been alright with me as well... Its really not much to choose from, is it?

No comments: